Saturday, August 2, 2008

The prince and the pea

You know that story about the princess and the pea? Where the princess slept on like 40 mattresses with a pea on the very bottom of the stack, and she could still feel it?

This is my husband.

The other night, my husband went to bed around 10:30pm, and I headed to bed a couple hours later. On my way from the bathroom to the bedroom, I noticed that the lights in our bedroom were still on. I figured he must have stayed up reading or something, but when I walked in, he was sleeping. He heard me come in and woke up. I inquired as to why he was sleeping with every light in the room on - believe me, it was not just a muted bedside lamp, the place was lit up like it was broad daylight. He said that there was a mosquito in the room.

A mosquito.

He claimed it kept buzzing his ear when the lights were off. I asked when he planned to turn off the lights. He said, when I catch the sucker. Ok. So, I took my pillow and blanket, and went out to sleep on the couch. It's not worth arguing.

No comments:

 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs