Monday, September 8, 2008

Girl after my own heart

Seesa is my animal lover. I couldn't be more thrilled, as I share her passion. I've always loved animals of any kind, I was very active in 4-H growing up and I wanted to be a veterinarian at one point (if I'd actually followed my passion, that might have been my profession, but that's a story for another post...).

Right now, we only have one pet - a lop-eared bunny named "Tinker Belle". As the kids get older though, we'll add some more animals to our menagerie. I like to have at least four or five around at any given time, so I've felt a little under dressed with only one.

Here are some pictures of Seesa with our bunny, riding a pony and holding a chicken at a petting zoo. She's always got a big smile on her face when she's around animals. My husband would say that I'm projecting my own feelings on to hers, but I really think they touch her heart in a special way.



Tonight, I took Seesa to her first 4-H meeting, and enrolled her in the rabbit project. Just being at the meeting brought back so many happy memories for me of my own 4-H years. Even though I didn't know a soul in the small club yet, I felt so comfortable - it was like going home again. I think she's going to love it. But, even if she doesn't - it's fun to show my kids some of the things that I loved as a kid.

On the way to the meeting tonight, Seesa asked "Is it 4-H because I'm 4?". Then, on the way home, she asked if we could go to a "2-H" meeting, for her sister Milly. Get it? Because Milly is 2. So cute! The kid's got such a loving heart.

By the way...here's a picture of me as a 4-Her. Yes, those are rabbit trophies in the background. Yes, I was am a geek!

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

Awwww. That is awesome. Seesa will fit right in at 4-H, I'm sure those are "her people."

Anonymous said...

That picture of you is both hilarious and shocking ;)
-your fave Boston CRA (after Michele)

 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs