Friday, January 9, 2009

My little Angelina Jolie

My youngest daughter, Milly loves loves loves babies. She can't get enough of them. She always has at least one baby in her hands when she's walking around the house, and usually sleeps with her entire collection of baby dolls in bed with her. When we had our teacher/parent conference at her Preschool last month, her teachers told us that Milly plays with the baby dolls almost exclusively.

She could spend hours changing all her baby's diapers. Then feeding them. Then putting them to sleep. Then waking them up to change their diapers again.


The girl is obsessed.

This is a picture of her current menagerie of babies. She personally named each and every one of them. All of them have a first name, for example "Roses", and all of them have the same last name, "Baby". With the exception of "Baby Abba", who is special because she's Milly's first baby (taken over from her big sister) and because she makes baby noises. That's where Baby Abba got her name actually. One of the noises she makes sounds like ahh baa, so Milly started calling her Baby Ahh Baa. There's also one not pictured, named "Raisin Baby", because it has a raisin stuck in it's mouth.

Some of them she calls by their full names, like "Binky Baby", named for the pacifier hung around her neck. Some of them she calls just by their first name, like "Toto". I don't even know where she came up with that one. Some of them even have nicknames. Often, she calls "Camper Baby", just "Camp".

Her favorite decoration this Christmas, was the baby Jesus in the ceramic nativity scene that my Mom made me. She constantly asked if she could "peese hold baby Jesus".

As you can see in this picture... she'd admire him, pet him, kiss him, hug him and then lovingly put him back in the manger "wif his Mommy and Daddy".


I actually feel bad not having a third child, because I know that my little Milly would adore a baby brother or sister. But, that's probably not a good reason to have another child. Plus, they grow up, and she won't be able to help me pay for the third kid's college education.

11 comments:

Kirsten said...

She'll make a lot of money as a babysitter when she gets older.

Kate Coveny Hood said...

I love this. I was totally a little Angelina when I was a girl. And wanting to hold the baby Jesus? Precious.

Anonymous said...

Awwww!!! She is so cute!! Are you worried about becoming a grandmother early? lol.

Kari said...

Lish, well - now I am!!!

anymommy said...

That's true. Good point. She is so adorable.

Anonymous said...

That's lovely! Her babies seem so well cared for.
I love the names too. My daughter's dolls for some reason all seem to be called "Beautiful Butterfly".

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
2 Brits, 2 Yanks, 2 Dogs said...

My daughter was never into babies - last year at 3 and a half she got attached to a dog and a unicorn! I think little girls naturally want to mother as my daughter does "mother" or should I say "smother" her little brother.

Thanks for reading my blog.

2 Brits, 2 Yanks, 2 Dogs said...

Oh I forgot to say - when I read the title of your page "to choose to have a child, is to choose to forever watch your heart walk around outside your body" - it sent one of those tingly shivers down my spine. I can't think of anything more true.

For Myself said...

Can I just have a bite of her for dessert? I mean, you've got to be kidding me she's so cute.

Leanna said...

Oh, that is SO sweet! What a great Mommy she will make some day! She obviously has had a great example to follow.

 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs