Thursday, July 24, 2008

About Me

Hi, welcome to my blog. My name is Kari. My two daughters are known on this blog as "Seesa" (6) and "Milly" (3) - an ode to their nicknames for each other. My husband is known as "my husband", cause I'm clever like that.

The meaning behind the name of my blog comes from the fact that I live and work in the San Francisco Bay Area - a play on the song "I left my heart in San Francisco"; and the quote "to have a child is to forever watch your heart walk outside your body". Every day when I cross the Golden Gate Bridge to work, I leave my "hearts" at home.

My sister, who is also my best friend, inspired me to start this blog. My hope is that someday my kids will read it, and know a little more about who their Mom is.

I love a good quote, so here's some wisdom for you...

Whatever you give a woman, she will make it greater.
If you give her sperm, she'll give you a baby.
If you give her a house, she'll give you a home.
If you give her groceries, she'll give you a meal.
If you give her a smile, she'll give you her heart.
She multiplies and enlarges whatever is given to her.
So, if you give her any crap, be ready to receive a ton of shit.


2 comments:

Mary Freaking Poppins said...

I love your new page... you're getting all fancy on me! Congrats- it looks wonderful, Kari!

Shannon said...

Hi Kari-
I was catching up on my blog comments & wanted to thank you for stopping by and for the positive comment when I first posted. I had to get over here & check out yours-We live in the central valley about 2 hrs from you. I saw your recent post & I hope all will turn out well.
Take care-

 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs