Sunday, September 21, 2008

Comment to my sister's post

Since I can't post a comment to my sister's latest post about her blog angst, I will just write a post about it on my blog!

Re: Angst #1 - Take your brother-in-law's comment with a grain of salt. By his own admission, it pains him to eek out a sentence. He can't fathom why anyone would want to write for pleasure. He doesn't even read my blog. When I asked him why last night, he said "Why the hell do I need to read about it? I live it".

Re: Angst #2 - I've totally done that before...write out entire posts in my mind, and by the time I sit down to actually type it, I can't remember half of the amazingly clever things I was going to say. And p.s. your husband knows finance, but he does not know writing if he thinks you are just good. You don't give yourself enough credit.

Re: Angst #3 - You crack me up every day girl! You crack my friends up too. They're always telling me about how funny you are, and how much they enjoy your writing.

Re: Angst #4 - As you can see, I can't stand to not comment on certain things - like you not realizing how great you are. So there.

Re: Angst #5 - I love your theme now, and I love your idea for the new theme. I think this whole thing has evolved for you and it keep growing. Just move over to The Norwindians when it feels right.

Re: Angst #6 - I still have this one postcard from Dad that has about 3 sentences on it. I treasure it.

And finally, because I often think there is a perfect song to convey exactly how I feel in any given situation, this is for you:

The Middle, by Jimmy Eat World

Hey, don't write yourself off yet.
It's only in your head you feel left out or looked down on.
Just try your best, try everything you can.
And don't you worry what they tell themselves when you're away.

It just takes some time, little girl you're in the middle of the ride.
Everything will be just fine, everything will be alright.

Hey, you know they're all the same.
You know you're doing better on your own, so don't buy in.
Live right now.Yeah, just be yourself.
It doesn't matter if it's good enough for someone else.

It just takes some time, little girl you're in the middle of the ride.
Everything will be just fine, everything will be alright.

Hey, don't write yourself off yet.
It's only in your head you feel left out or looked down on.
Just do your best, do everything you can.
And don't you worry what the bitter hearts are gonna say.

It just takes some time, little girl you're in the middle of the ride.
Everything will be just fine, everything will be alright.

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

Damn you and your post of a comment!! Curses.

Seriously, thank you so much. You know I love you and your crazy blog-hating husband. Thanks for boosting my ego. I needed that.

I have to go think of something funny to write.

Anonymous said...

I think you and your sister are extremely witty and funny. I check almost everyday to see if you have writting something. I love it that you (both) do what you do. It gives me both humor (which I often lack in daily life) and insight into other mommy's life which is helpful.
So.....write more!!!!
love you both
saved by grace

 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs