Sunday, April 26, 2009

Blogging by the campfire

We decided to take an impromptu camping trip, so I did some blogging in front of the campfire. Yep. Out in the middle of the wilderness, but still connected to wireless Internet. Gotta love technology. You can never be too far out of touch, unless you really, really try.

My favorite Milly quotes from this camping trip...

After arriving at the campground and getting all set up: "When are we going camping?"

"Mommy, pick me down!"

"Peetend I'm da Mommy, and you da baby. Go to sleep baby."

and the best one...

"When we gonna marsh da mellows?"




















Seesa spent most of her time chasing butterflies, catching lizards, riding her bike and pretending to be Bolt. Or making Milly pretend to be Bolt. Or pretending Soggy Doggy is Bolt...she's really into the movie Bolt needless to say.


So, in the words of Rhino (from the movie Bolt, that I have completely memorized since we've watched it about a million times), the camping trip was "fully awesome"!

Except that my laptop now smells like campfire smoke.

Disney is not paying me to endorse the movie Bolt - they're probably still bitter about my post about their supposed "fast play" option on their DVDs.

17 comments:

Christy said...

Ooh what cute pictures. I love that hat, of course! I'll have to get a pic of us in ours! And how fun - I love that you bring the kids camping. May I ask - do you all sleep in one big tent? Or an rv camper? Matt and I just love camping, but aren't sure how we'd do it with the Foo. When did you first bring them?

Also - YAHOOO!!!! I am so excited to meet you in July!!!!

ps I have never even heard of Bolt!

Kirsten said...

I love the idea of camping. But the actual camping... not so much. It's a great way to have some family bonding time though. Looks like a blast.

I think I liked Bolt more than my kids did. It's a great movie.

septembermom said...

What a sweet way to spend time together! I love how you were blogging by the campfire. So cool.

septembermom said...

What a sweet way to spend time together! I love how you were blogging by the campfire. So cool.

Unknown said...

It looks like a wonderful camping trip and Millies's comments made me smile.

Aliceson said...

THe camping looks fun! My kids have been begging us to take them camping, in a tent. Grandma's cabin apparently doesn't count.

Disney fastplay? I totally agree, biggest joke ever!

Kim said...

This looks like you guys had a great time! Your girls are so funny-I love those kinds of shares.

2 Brits, 2 Yanks, 2 Dogs said...

You are too funny taking your laptop camping. I love camping except our tent is getting rather small now with all 4 of us and the dogs.

As for the question I live between Santa Cruz and Monterey.

Issa said...

Marsh the mellows...I love that.

I hope you had a blast.

bernthis said...

I have to say I'm blown away, internet access in the wilderness. Damn right, technology is amazing

Lish said...

I swear Milly needs her own blog. She is HILARIOUS! Her deep thoughts put mine to shame.

I love the smell of campfire smoke. I actually like to sleep with my smoke-filled clothes on my pillow. Not being sarcastic.

Janeen T, aka: Ben's Mommy said...

I hate camping but you make it look like so much fun!

Kate Coveny Hood said...

How cute! I haven't marshed mellows in a long time.

anymommy said...

Okay, that looks like fun except that it's obviously so cold! I want to marsh mellows right now.

Unknown said...

Marsh da mellows? That's priceless. I'm over from septembermom, I think... lol

OHmommy said...

there's wifi at camp sites. wow! now i really have NO excuse. we will have to try it out this summer.

Saved by Grace said...

This post did my heart good and made me smile!
love you!

 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs