Saturday, April 11, 2009

41 things

About me.

1. My birthday is April 11th, I'm 41 today
2. I had an 80s karaoke party for my 40th birthday last year
3. Listening to 80s music just makes me happy
4. Singing almost any music makes me really happy
5. I've lived almost my whole life in the San Francisco Bay Area
6. I lived in Michigan for a few years when I was in Elementary School
7. I gave birth to both of my kids in San Francisco
8. If I'd started earlier, and didn't work full-time, I'd have more kids
9. I love being a Mom
10. Outside of the US, I've traveled to Canada, London, France, Italy, Switzerland, Netherlands, Tahiti, Mexico, Australia and New Zealand
11. Within the US, I think New York is my favorite city, second to SF
12. When I was younger, my family drove across the country together
13. My Dad died of cancer when I was eleven years old
14. I have a younger sister
15. My Mom is a nurse
16. My Father-in-Law was an FBI Agent
17. Three men I've dated have been adopted, including my husband
18. We may adopt a child someday
19. In college, I had an internship as a sexual health counselor
20. I have a degree is in psychology
21. I work in Finance
22. At work, I probably use my psychology skills more than anything I've learned about Finance
23. I wanted to be an exotic animal trainer
24. I love animals
25. Growing up, I was very active in 4-H
26. In college, I had a dog, cat, rabbit and rat as pets all at the same time - and they all got along with each other
27. We currently have four rabbits, but I'd like to have more animals - I just have to ease my husband into it...
28. I'd love to live on a farm, but I'd still want to be close to a major city
29. I hate running
30. I ran mostly walked a marathon in Hawaii
31. I passionately support a good cause
32. I've attempted to get on the reality show Survivor
33. I love reality TV
34. Skydiving is the most exhilarating thing I've ever done
35. I'm an optimist (which I've found to be a good thing when jumping out of an airplane)
36. I think I'm really good at seeing both sides of any issue
37. I love camping
38. Fall is my favorite time of year, especially rainy days
39. My favorite food is popcorn and a glass of milk with ice in it
40. I don't like the taste of coffee, but I love the smell of it
41. I didn't realized just how much I love writing, until I started my blog

11 comments:

Saved by Grace said...

Happy Birthday, my friend. I am so thankful we met 21 years ago. My life would not be the same without you. May you be richly blessed this year!
love you!

Christy said...

Happy Birthday Kari! What a great list. I'm so impressed that you've been sky diving! I'm so glad that you like writing, because I love reading your blog. :)

Kirsten said...

Great list! Happy 41!!

Kim said...

Happy Birthday!! We have some things in common...I wish I'd started earlier too. I want to have one more before 40 (in two years) but I think I would've liked more. I also have a degree in psychology and work in finance.

I hope you have a wonderful day today!

Jessica R. said...

Happy Birthday Kari!
What a fabulous list! I'm with you on the last one, my blog helped me realize how much I love writing too!

Renee said...

Happy Birthday. I love that you tried out for Survivor.

bernthis said...

First: Happy Birthday. For my 40th, I had a pinata and the them was, are you sitting down.....Olivia. Yeah, you'll be reading that in a blog post in the next couple days, more than likely.

I love reading this lists about other bloggers. It sounds like bullshit but it's true. The fact that your FIL was an FBI agent is probably the coolest thing ever (total true crime junkie here) I love autumn as well. I don't drink coffee but love coffe nips and coffee ice-cream, go figure. Thanks for sharing

Zip n Tizzy said...

Happy Birthday. (A little belated.)
Hope it was a great one. It was beautiful, I know that's for sure, with all that rain leading up to it.
New York is my favorite US city, but SF Bay Area is home.

2 Brits, 2 Yanks, 2 Dogs said...

Sorry this is late I've been off the radar but Happy belated Birthday.

Milk with ice in - eeeewwww!

Envious of Tahiti!

We need to meet up one day in SF - in fact I was in Sausalito just last week.

Issa said...

Ok, forget the when is your birthday question that I just asked you. Happy belated birthday. Ha, I may steal this idea from you next week. :)

For Myself said...

Loved getting to know you a little bit better! My big four-oh is sneaking up on me. Sort of like a freight train sneaks up on the station.
Honestly, I'm freaked about it. Go away, four-oh!

 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs